Polish gender opinions (pic heavy)

Bizichick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Washington State
I have 3 polish chicks. 2 are 6 weeks old and 1 is about 10 weeks old. I am pretty confident that I can tell the gender of the younger 2. The older one I have posted a couple of times, trying to figure out its gender. I have gotten mixed responses. Hoping as it gets older, it will be easier to tell for sure. Chick # 1 is a silver laced polish. About 6 wks old. I am going with Roo on this one. Hope to be wrong, but Im thinking the mohawk gives it away! Chick # 2 is a WC polish. About 6 wks old. I am thinking from her poofy hair I have a pullet.
fl.gif
Chick # 3 That would be my mystery chick all the way around. It is about 10 wks old. I THINK it is a buff laced polish. I was hoping for a pullet, but kinda thinking its a Roo. Has a poofy yet kinda spikey hair do. Little bit of pink on the face but not red and not much sign of wattles. Anybody have any input for me? I can't keep any roosters so I am hoping for at least one pullet! I went a little pic crazy....was just wanting to make sure i got as many angles as possible to help. Thanks!
big_smile.png

Thanks so much for the reply chickenmaniac...I hope you are right....I would love for 2 of them to be pullets. Out of curiosity...what about the 1st makes you think pullet? I kept thinking roo because of the mohawk. I am so new to this chicken thing in general and especially new to the polish. Any little details to help me along the way is appreciated!
big_smile.png
People keep talking about saddle and hackle feathers. To be honest, Im not sure I understand what to look for when looking for those. Is that what makes you think 1 could be a pullet?

Back
Top Bottom