*****Polish hen/chick wanted in Maine*****

allmypeeps

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Maine
I've been looking for a FRIENDLY Polish hen or a chick for pet purposes, hoping to get it freindly and social enough to be a 'therapy pet'.

Have to have a hen due to town ordiance (no roo-boys).

Also the ordinance only allows me to keep 3 birds so that is why I cannot order from a hatchery or buy from a Tractor Supply or Farmer's Union because of the need to buy 6......

anyone out there within an hour or so from Auburn have a super tame Polish pullet,hen,chick for sale? (chicks need to be correctly sexed!)
big_smile.png

e

i think that gypsy2621 has an order of polish pullets in or coming, let me check with her, i am coming to oxford maine may 30th i could get it that far, or if you wanted it sooner you would need to come as far as seabrook nh , let me go check

Last edited:
Jennifer-

I have spoken with you before- was getting ready to send you an email actually, but since you replied here....

(was the one emailing you about light brahmas and you said you were ordering some) I was wondering if you can confirm I have my name on a light brahma chick- I was going to take my CL and UH ads down and stop looking for one if I knew I was definately getting one from you....

I can't wait till they come in
smile.png

e

Chickn-

May 30th is my B-day (turning 31- can't believe it!)

Anyway I told my husband I wanted to go to the Chickenstock in Oxford- so I will see you there!!????

Kellie/spook gave me information of someone who is going to the TSC the 30th with Polish birds...I sent the person an email just now so am waiting to hear back. I will let you know if I get one, one way or another- maybe you can find out one way or another too if gypsy has any and for how much.

If you could bring it to Oxford I would definately appreciate it!

I can only take one so have to see who has one available and in what color and how much and distance and all that stuff! So exciting.

When I get my Light Brahma I will be ALL SET. I will have my tiny flock of friendly hens and SOMEONE is going to make it as a therapy pet. (the story of Ruby inspired me!) LOL. Also its a way to legally have one extra chicken since she will be Delta certified "therapy pet". LOL

Chicken people are great. Everyone on here is so helpful- thanks to all! Kellie, Jen, chickn
smile.png

e

Auburn is about 45min to an hour north of Portland and 45min to an hour south of Augusta.....

where are you?....Oh, I see...MA?

I think that may be too far!? My husband will never let me! LOL

Last edited:
...it's funny how we 'use our husbands as excuses'...but seriously I think I would drive just about anywhere if it was cute and fluffy and I wanted it badly enough! so in a way its probably good that he put his foot down! LOL

However- if it was something more HIS interest... I'm usually the one that has to put my foot down! Funny isnt it how that works?

We just drove 8 hrs to CT and back to rescue a dog from a highkill shelter in KY. She is my 2nd 'petfinder.com dog'....I am now permanately BANNED from petfinder. heehee

smile.png

e

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom