Polish roo eye gone and eye socket bleeding help

You won't find mixing Tylan with penicillin in a book though. I came up with that because I wanted to give Tylan for infections and it kept killing the tissues. I would give it orally to birds and they would die and when I looked it had burned their throats. But the medication is so good with the illnesses that my birds had I started trying to figure out how to do it differently so I didn't have it killing tissue. I started adding it to drinking water with astounding results. It worked so well I have continued to do that. Then I had some birds that would not get well I doctored them and doctored them and they stayed sick so one day I said I have to do something different. I could see black places on them from the tylan injections and I wasn't sure that wasn't making them sick too. So I mixed the Tylan with penicillin and gave it in shot and everyone got well very quickly. I have done that ever since. For some reason it does well together. By mixing it I quit have such tissue destruction in my birds too from it and it seems to work better. Tylan covers respiratory extremely well, it helps SOME diarrhea infections and I don't feel it gets too much in the tissues but penicillin does. Problem is there is just so many bacteria that is immune to penicillin anymore so some other ones may work better. Penicillin is an old medication that has been around a long time and it can have bacteria that have built up a resistance to it. I learned this taking care of my flock and thought I would share it with you guys. I hadn't been on Backyard Chicken for a while, I am printing your medication dosages and going to put them in my cabinet that is good information.

The penicillin that is sold at feed stores is procaine penicillin G, just like the two pictured in this thread.

Picture from post #91
-Kathy

That is procaine penicillin. Extended life with injection. They make a kind that isn't extended and does not have procaine in it. Both of these have different manufacturers but both are the same medication and dosages.
Both are Procaine Penicillin G, 300,000 units/ml, and that's what's sold in feedstores, that's all I was trying to say.

Both are Procaine Penicillin G, 300,000 units/ml, and that's what's sold in feedstores, that's all I was trying to say.
Right they are but also in some feed stores they have a penicillin that is immediate release and it is gone in the system in 24 hours or less and requires a daily shot. Procaine penicillin is gone in 48 hours in the system. I think it is a little longer that is why I do not give shots to birds but every 3 days with procaine and ONLY if is horribly sick bird do I give another shot after 2 days but I do not do that more than once. I then go to every 3 days. The other kind is a daily injection. Thank so much for that medication dosing schedule I had looked all over for good one and I appreciate it. I printed it and it was long one but I will put it in binder in my med cabinet. That was some good information.

Well my cipro should be here by the 26 th :( I contacted them and with the Christmas season everything's a bit slower I'm doing all I can to keep him happy and comfortable he's been watching youtube videos of chickens lol he gets really excited he's not eating as well today he usually gobbles up his egg but he's not been interested today but he did eat some banana along with some pellets I hope and pray he will get better with this medicine when I finally get it I'm gonna have my hubby build him a separate coop and get a couple polish hens to put in with him if he pulls thru I don't want him to be pecked bad again and we have a hen haven't figured out which one yet but she's been pecking a few of our white leghorns combs bad it always happens in the nest boxes I treat em with blue kote after cleaning them up gonna have to figure out whos the bully anyways thanks again for all the advice and I wanted to wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry Christmas!!!!

trim all of his head feathers off then use a q tip and cotton balls to cleanup around his eye apply triple antibiotic ointment to and around it then you can crush up a baby aspirin and place in yogurt along with electrolytes and probiotics then put some in a syringe and feed it to him best of luck!

Procaine penicillin has the Procaine in it for extended time in the injection.
Procaine is used in penicillin for numbing the pain of the penicillin injection, just like getting novacaine from a dentist or lidocaine when getting stitches in the ER. Just because your vet said to give medicines mixed together in too large a dose, doesn't mean that you should be telling newcomers on this forum on at least 15 threads today to give these drugs this way. I don't mean to be disagreeable here with you, but when giving drug dosages and recommendations, you should have some information from a good source to back it up. It is not okay to mix medicines in a syringe for injections unless it says so on the labels. This can cause precipitation and ruin both meds. I'm glad you have had good luck doing this, but don't preach it to newbies as the thing to do.

Well my cipro should be here by the 26 th
sad.png
I contacted them and with the Christmas season everything's a bit slower I'm doing all I can to keep him happy and comfortable he's been watching youtube videos of chickens lol he gets really excited he's not eating as well today he usually gobbles up his egg but he's not been interested today but he did eat some banana along with some pellets I hope and pray he will get better with this medicine when I finally get it I'm gonna have my hubby build him a separate coop and get a couple polish hens to put in with him if he pulls thru I don't want him to be pecked bad again and we have a hen haven't figured out which one yet but she's been pecking a few of our white leghorns combs bad it always happens in the nest boxes I treat em with blue kote after cleaning them up gonna have to figure out whos the bully anyways thanks again for all the advice and I wanted to wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry Christmas!!!!
Give that little guy a hug for me, because he has been through so much. I'm sure the warm compresses will help him. Have a merry Christmas with your family.

Thank you all! And I sure will give him one for you! Merry Christmas to you all and your families!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom