Polish Rooster

Nanamoma

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2023
Hello, I'm new to this forum and so glad it's here to ask chicken questions of you all.
I have a 18 week old Polish rooster. He went back up on the perch this morning after coming down to get a bit of scratch food. I've not seen him do this before. He appears healthy otherwise. Do any of you know why he would go back to the perch? I have a rather young flock, in addition to him, I have another 18 week old rooster and a 18 week old Bantam hen, two other 12 week old chicks and my mama chick. She's a 3-1/2 year old ISA brown. She rules the roost. All the chickens are out free ranging except the Polish, which is very unusual. Thanks for any info you all may have.

My guess is that the other rooster is causing him to return to the roost, but it's possible he just wants to chill out there, especially if the weather is inclement.
Thank you for your response. The other rooster is quite docile right now, actually the Polish is more the alpha in this group, however the weather is very hot here in south Alabama. He did come on down a couple of hours after this post so I agree with you, he must have just needed to chill a bit. It's a never ending guessing game with these babies :cool:

Back
Top Bottom