1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenman98, Jun 6, 2010.

1. chickenman98

chickenman98 Songster

Mar 27, 2010
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Post pics and talk about our birds [​IMG] this is polly a splash polish who just started laying

2. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Songster

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I love how they look but I wish I could calm mine down. Chicken sedatives anyone? They are sweet once I have them in hand and have calmed them down but they try to break their necks when I need to be in the coop cleaning bedding and feeding. Poor frazzled nerve babies.

2 people like this.
  3. Mountain Sunshine

Mountain Sunshine Songster

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    This is our polish hen...her name is Ralph! She is the funniest in the bunch!

[​IMG]

4. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Aww, I cant wait to see more pictures! I love polish!

5. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Ive got a silver laced polish chick (seems to be a pullet). Going to pick up 2 more pullets tomorrrow (golden laced). Ive got a male in mind for them when theyre a bit older if he's still for sale...

6. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:I would love to see a picture of the silver laced polish chick!

7. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    It's dark out now, but I'll get some in the morning. I put her in with 2 other small young OE pullets (even though shes a bit big) because the bigger hens were picking on her so shes a bit plucked. She gets along great with the other 2 though and I dubbed her the new Zapdos (since the third OE pullet mysteriously died). Pokemon fans should get it, LOL.

8. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:Ralph was picked on at first when she was smaller, then we got 2 buff orpingtons. They took up for her, every time she was picked on the 2 buffs went after the ones that were bullying. Now she handles her own!

9. technodoll

technodoll Songster

Aug 25, 2009
    Quebec, Canada
    Are polish mixes allowed?? [​IMG]

My two girls are about 10 weeks old now (hatched March 24th), mom was a white polish/white leghorn mix and dads are some kind of polish, I assume? - no idea!

Funny what genetics can be like [​IMG]

This is Iris, she's bossy, inquisitive, brave and very sweet & gentle:

[​IMG]

Lafonza is my wild child, a bit nervy and doesn't like to be approached too much - oh well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mountain Sunshine

Oct 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Georgia
    Quote:I love them! They are adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: