Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to post some pics of my chicks. The big ones are almost four weeks old the others will be a week tomorrow. They were hatched by two of my broody silkies.

Beautiful babies..I've got at least 11 developing in the bator..can't wait to have broodies again ♡

Yeah, they're Tolbunt..or a very nice split but I'm going with Tolbunt. .

This is mine

Nice chick. I have one or two from a Tolbunt project that the breeder was attempting and one is turning out very pretty. Not Tolbunt, but a very pretty, maybe gold laced, but has dark head and not as much lacing, at least yet, as a gold laced would. I post a picture of him/her, and it was just a pretty cocoa color, as a gangly chick. I will try to get another picture of it this weekend.

Exciting news though, my first hatching has started. I have one pipped, a Polish, most likely buff laced. Other Polish and a silkie (our own first egg laid here from our adult partridge silkie
chickens) and a Bantam calico are rocking. It has been beeping at me and is making progress, the pipped one I mean. Back to gaze at incubator and try to find the peeping chick sound track that will last longer than a few seconds to play for it (I know, I'm crazy chicken lady too).

Last edited:
Nice chick.  I have one or two from a Tolbunt project that the breeder was attempting and one is turning out very pretty.  Not Tolbunt, but a very pretty, maybe gold laced, but has dark head and not as much lacing, at least yet, as a gold laced would. I post a picture of him/her, and it was just a pretty cocoa color, as a gangly chick.  I will try to get another picture of it this weekend.

Exciting news though, my first hatching has started.  I have one pipped, a Polish, most likely buff laced. Other Polish and a silkie (our own first egg laid here from our adult chickens) and a Bantam calico are rocking.  It has been beeping at me and is making progress, the pipped one I mean.  Back to gaze at incubator and try to find the peeping chick sound track that will last longer than a few seconds to play for it (I know, I'm crazy chicken lady too).

Lol..my chicks are YouTube junkies before they hatch..I play them other chicks and a hen talking to her chicks from about lockdown on..
I have been looking for eggs from GL for months..I found some great eggs from a project pen that has Tolbunts and GL and project blues all together but finding pure GLs has been impossible

Lol..my chicks are YouTube junkies before they hatch..I play them other chicks and a hen talking to her chicks from about lockdown on..
I have been looking for eggs from GL for months..I found some great eggs from a project pen that has Tolbunts and GL and project blues all together but finding pure GLs has been impossible

I got my eggs on FB at Rare Breeds Sales and Auction (I think the board is called). Worth being on FB just for all the chicken groups. There are gold laced advertised on there about every week. I got mine from CA. I asked the seller if he would exchange out a few buff laced for gold laced, and he told me he would if any were available. He sent me 15 eggs instead of 12, and I put 11 Polish in lockdown. Hoping if he did send some gold laced that they are in the ones that made lockdown. Been playing the chick chirping sounds and more eggs are rocking now. The pipped one has got busy too, How neat. I can hear him peeping behind me. Got to go look. Trying also to bake a cake for my daughter for tomorrow, its easy, but really, bake a cake with chicks hatching in the other room.... Oh well, it's a short few steps from room to room and a very simple recipe.

Edited: Saturday 6/6 - The name of the auction on FB is Rare Chicken Breeds Sell/Swap, they have some gold laced eggs listed on their now, just thought I would let you know.

Last edited:
My chicks are all Tolbunt. I got a really nice pair of them for $50 from a lady on Craigslist last year. Those are there babies. I just had to have a few more.

can I get some votes on pullet or cockerel for my wcbp? Sexed as a female, but we had a plucking incident after she broke 2 blood feathers and now I can tell much by the puff and it's wonky and I'm having roo anxiety. This is from before. It always seemed uniform to me, she was 4 months here.

I think it's a girl. Feathers are rounded on top and light pink flesh near beak. Boys are more red near beak and head feathers are crazy.

Hi Al! I am new to chickens. I have 2 Polish that I hope are hens! Recently, I noticed that they are starting to get some red/pink flesh on the sides of their beaks. The beginning of waddles, I think. They are 3 mos old. Can anyone share what they think? Roo or Hens? It is hard to see on the black but hers is slightly more developed and a bit more red. Their top feathers are a bit crazy right now, they are getting a lot of new feathers and they are very spikey... still in the casing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom