Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I think a lot of us do. By spring I'm not sure I'll know what to do with all my eggs. My barnyard mix eggs are just going to be for eating and I'm probably going to watch to hatch most of my purebreds(cochins LF & bantam some are frizzle, polish with tolbunt genes, lemon blue and sport oegbs). I've had parrots all my life, its funny how much more I like chicens and raised parrots for 10+ years never having had a chicken. LOL

I was given a Bearded Buff Laced Polish Pullet as a gift recently.... she's about 4 months old... I absolutely love her!:love her name is"Nu-Pelly"...I put her hair up in a pony tail a few times, so she could see.... she figures out how to get it off.... I'm going Friday to pick up another BBL pullet and a rooster, so she won't be lonely.... I went and bought a little chicken coop with a small run, just for her, because she gets picked on by the others... she's my sweety, and likes being held. Question: Does anybody trim their head feathers to help them see??
This pic is of Nu-Pelly's little house and yard (for now)... She's inside, while my curious little biddies are checking it out.
Just so you know your buff laced Polish is 100% male. Female buffs look like this:

It looks like a pullet to me. The feathers on the crest would stick up more in the front.
Nope, Its a cockerel. I can see where people would think its a pullet. They look like pullets sometimes as juveniles. This is a good example of how much young Polish can change. You can see in some of the pictures the bird looks female but as the bird matured you could tell it was a cockerel. White Polish and Buffs tend to fool me the most.

Maybe we are talking about different birds. This is the one Im saying is a cockerel. The other buff in this thread is a picture of a buff laced pullet of mine to compare what a female Polish should look like. THIS is the one Im talking about:
to.

This is another example of a Polish that was sexed as a female but was really a male. There is a window where its hard to sex juveniles.

What age is he in the first pic?

I have four at the moment that are causing me some hassle :barnie

Have been convinced they are pullets but yesterday as I went to let my birds out I heard a crow!! Nothing looks like a roo, no one is red in the wattle department.
Non are acting like a roo. They are 7 months old now, some of the others from this batch that I hatched showed to be cockerels by 8 weeks others a little longer but I thought I had dispatched all the boys.

What age is he in the first pic?

I have four at the moment that are causing me some hassle :barnie

Have been convinced they are pullets but yesterday as I went to let my birds out I heard a crow!! Nothing looks like a roo, no one is red in the wattle department.
Non are acting like a roo. They are 7 months old now, some of the others from this batch that I hatched showed to be cockerels by 8 weeks others a little longer but I thought I had dispatched all the boys.

Oh man! Hahahahaha!!! Polish are so hard to sex unless you just know for sure!

Back
Top Bottom