Political Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisK

Songster
Oct 19, 2009
Paicines, Ca
Well, yes, I know many of you do not think this forum is appropriate for political topics. Please let me disagree. I feel safe to say that we are country folk – if not in land, then in heart. Believe it or not, politics is a relevant part of country living – right along with fowls, cows, goats and sheep; so why the aversion? I have read many of the politically charged threads in BYC, and I haven’t found any more offensive posts than those posts covering other subjects. As far as our youth is concerned, they will be taking the rains soon enough – best they know in which kind of wagon they will be riding. After all, we are randomly rambling in this section – are we not?

From the BYC rules:

Quote: Would be nice to have ONE... SINGLE... PLACE to go without having to see political discussions. There are lots of places on the net for that, FB, Twitter, etc, etc, etc. Backyard Chickens.com used to be much more homey, I'm told. Sounded nice to me.

Chicken talk can be very political... just tell a breeder they have flaws with thier birds...
tongue.png

Yes..it says its discouraged...not forbidden. And should be confined to the RR forum..
That makes sense to me.. :)

Lol..yep..they do usually end up in bickering..religious ones too.

Well we are all entitled to our opinions and the right to express those opinions. Just don't be mad at me or other people when they do not agree with you.

I see where the petition for a peaceful withdrawl of Texas from the Union of the United State of America has achieve a total of over 80,000 signatures. This surely indicates that there is a tremendous divide in our society.

"Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

This issue will not go away. I have a suspicion that a good many other states will follow suit.

This is interesting talk rufus. People may think that it could never happen but they only have to look to Europe to see how the map can be reshaped. Many countries in the former soviet block are once again independent nations. They haven't even got half decent economies to help them. Look also at what's happening in Scotland. After 300 years of union with England they are voting in 2014 whether to remain part of the union or break away, or I should say return to the way things used to be. Wales is going the same way, running their own budget, having their own assembly, I see a completely independent future for both these countries, just banding together for defense. Who is to say it's wrong? Maybe the pull of independence is bigger than the desire to keep things as they were. Maybe Texas will withdraw from the union, or maybe it will gradually break up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom