poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

I'm an outlaw! I live in a gated community with a HOA that would completely freak out if certain members found out! Most people don't care at all though (We've actually inspired one of our neighbors to become an outlaw too). Luckily I live in a corner of the neighborhood so my coop is nestled right into that corner of the yard with lots of plants around it to mask any sound and hide the coop. We refer to our chickens as our "exotic birds" and haven't had any issues for the 2 years we've had them. We did wind up accidentally getting a cockerel recently though, so he will need to go before he starts crowing and gives us away. I wish we were legal, I would love to keep him.

I'm legal!!!
wee.gif
I got tired i fighting city hall and moved. Now I have two and a half acres, I'm surrounded by farms and have an animal designator that allows me to have poultry, no limits. I got some eggs in my incubator to celebrate.

I am both I guess- we can have 10 hens in the city limits. We are wayyyy over that and we ended up with 2 roosters who are not allowed and they are still here. We also have 3 ducks and I am not sure of their status. No complaints from our close neighbors, so we will try to find homes for the roos and they will be with us til then.

I'm legal. I live just outside the city limits and I have 28 chickens including 5 roosters and 4 of them need to go. My only concern was my 2 close neighbors, one that sleeps during the day because he works at night. We asked if the roosters bother him and I'm really happy that they don't. He enjoys watching them and hearing them. Then there's the little old lady that lives behind us, she said she was never home often enough for them to bother her.

legal and I have a lot of roos that crow all of the time. Love them roos.

Love them roos also. Have five roos and 31 hens at present. Currently incubating.

Legal. Live in the country. Surrounded by hundreds of acres of farmland. We actually live in a hollow in the woods. Just enough cleared for the house, 2 car/rv garage, carport and chicken house with four tractors attached. Needless to say, our chickens free-range in the woods.
wink.png

Totally legal, with my ten chicklets. I intend to get more (darn that chicken math!) and since the law in Austin is fuzzy as far as allowed numbers go, I should remain legal *grins*.

Outlaw...that's why I am on the down-low (hence name Chicks on DL). We call them the birds. I am hoping that they will change the county ordinance just like they did recently in a neighboring county. Until then I will have to stay with my 3.

Both...I can have six hens, but have to have the coop 50 feet away from all property lines, which i could do if the coop was on my back porch. Instead its nestled against the fence. No complaints so far. If they come, i'll move it. I just don't want to have it right next to my back door if i can avoid it.

We're a bit of both, but mostly within the law. Have two lovely ladies that have a tractor we move 20 feet from the house. However... they free range all day when they're not asleep and secured in the evening. Law states one hen. BUT GIVE ME A BREAK.... They're flock animals, I'm sure that they'd wither away and die without each other. Not mentining anything specific, trying to be on the DL as well. Also trying to get two more! Hee hee.....
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom