poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

living in the country with no restrictions...totally legal....
smile.png

Quote:
We just had our inspection, we moved a few and hid a few and now we are bringing some back. We are still fighting our case. We contend that ours are legal and that code enforcement is enforcing nonexistent codes. Finally at the inspection, the code enforcement officer pointed in the direction of the offended neighbor that turned us in and said something like just make sure they don't make noise. Good luck with your battle.

Outlaw unless I get about 8 neighbors to sign off. I don't like the odds on that one. I can have them as long as they are not within 200 feet of neighbors residence. Where I live that is around 8 houses. Funny that my neighbors don't have to check with me for my opinion on getting dogs that bark all day long.

I'm a semi-outlaw. My city says I can have 30 chickens 100 ft away from all neighbors houses. I am legal there.

My HOA says I can only have 2 chickens. I have 8. I am making it a point to cover the run and coop so you cannot see the chickens from outside the yard.

I have 8 chickens and I'm not suppost to have any.
hide.gif
But the family's around us ( who are mostly older people) love us having chickens so I guess I'm some what an outlaw
sad.png
But I hope we move so I dont have to fear them being taken away. We're pretty close to the country any way.
smile.png

Legalish....

According to my townships ordinances I'm not supposed to have any chickens. (I have 35, ssshhh, don't tell) But Michigan has the Right to Farm act that should supersede a township ordinance. So far my neighbors haven't complained so it hasn't been an issue. According to my township, even though I have 10 acres, if my animals become a "nuisance" they would have to go. I'm waiting for the day that I can challenge that ordinance.

Back
Top Bottom