Poll - Favorite Brand of Incubator?

IncubatorWarehouse.com

Songster
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
Fruitland, ID
Hello-

I would really be interested in having everyone vote on their favorite 1 or 2 brands/Models of incubators. We are looking to expand our incubator line and I personally trust the opinion of the members of this forum. Just reply and let me know what your favorite(s) are. If you want you can explain why you like it the most.

Thanks for the help!

Randy

Well, right now my vote is for the GQF 1202 I have been running...I expect my opinion will change to the Humidaire once I have those two units running, though. I would say a see-through door is a MUST for any unit you get though, no matter what the brand. I'd recommend a water reservoir for the GQF as mine seems to run dry fast...the Humidaire 21H hatcher does not have that problem but takes almost a full gallon of distilled water to the reservoir, so it shouldn't run dry fast!

If I were going strictly by what I see on the web and what I have heard talked about, I would have to vote for the Dickey. Never had one though.

I would swear that I saw an actual poll for this at one point in time but my searches are failing to find it. I like the GQF Sportmans. I have a 1202a and wish I had a 1502. Though if money weren't an object, what I really want is a Jamesway. What I think would sell well is a nice redwood cabinet style of incubator with high reliability parts like a Brinsea. Something like what Humidaire would be making if they were still in business.

Of course you (the OP) "personally trust" the opinions expressed here, these people are your market. If they told you they wanted to buy gold lined, styrofoam incubators you'd gladly stock them.
wink.png
I have nothing against capitalism, I just hate "I'm your friend" sales tactics. I'm your customer (actually I am) and I want to be sold on price, quality and service not friendship. Now to keep you from hating me I'll put a plug in for your EggOMeters, great tool for the person with the table top incubators.

I only incubate on a very small scale so I like table top bators. I have a Hovabator 1583 which works fine, but I really need to keep an eye on it. My other incubator is the Brinsea mini advance, and I love it. It's easy to use, small, & I just set it & forget it(besides checking water levels) it holds temp's very well, and when I do have to open it, it stabilizes very quickly. So for small scale incubating Brinsea
thumbsup.gif
get's a big thumbs up from me
thumbsup.gif

HovaBator 1602... no fan, no turner... nothing fancy, works like a charm in Ohio!

You need to account for your environment... the humidity or lack of, elevation, how stable your room temperature is, and your experience level.

If you're in a dry climate for example, you're going to want an auto turner so that you don't have to open 2-3 times a day for turning and letting the humidity out. If your room temperature fluxuates you're going to want something more stable than a styrofoam box. If you have high humidity like in Florida or something you're going to want a fan. Lot's of variables in function as well as cost and ease of operation.

Back
Top Bottom