Poll on paintings PLEASE!!

I hope this doesn't sound Too vague, but I love paintings/pictures that speak to me and relate to feelings. Typically, I enjoy paintings of pathways through the trees with the warmth of the sun glowing behind the foliage. Or those paintings that have really rich colors, like those of the fabulous autumn leaves. But what might speak to me may not speak to everyone. I have two paintings in my house of a vase of flowers. What draws me to them is that first off, the flowers have such a dewy life like texture and there is a Huge bunch of them in these really luxurious colors; the other thing is the background is simple and dark and the vases are antique looking. The flowers really come to life. My husband, and most of his friends, don't think anything of the pictures. But most of my friends think they are really beautiful. I hope I helped even in the slightest. I would love to see some of your work!!

I like paintings of chickens
wink.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=8324-ChickenSketch These are mine.

Seriously, though. My grandmother's a professional painter, and we have an oil painting of her called "Mad Chicken". It's a black chicken looking like it wants to run you over and it's AWESOME.

Sequin, I do know what you're talking about. I've been thinking of some Fall Paintings. But I think they're a little beyond me now. I'm going to start with some really simple wild bird pics for now.
Very nice envirogirl12. When I was your age (aLONGGG...) time ago my passion were horse drawings. I never had the confidence that you are showing in your drawings. Good job and keep it up. I'm starting to believe its like riding a horse. Go along time not doing it and it takes alot to get back into it.

My DH paints stuff entirely from his head.

They come out with such amazing uses of light and color!

I like it when he paints something I outline for him. Last one was a dream that I had of the next world.

Quote:
Huge market for old barns.

Myself, being a Texan, I like Western scenes as well as old South scenes. I tell you something else that has a HUGE following is old John Deere tractor paintings. People buy that old John Deere stuff like crazy. Good luck with that, I am excited for you and please let us know what and how you do. Try a few and see what sells. What dosent sell can be handed down and maybe in two hundred years one of your decendants will get rich off of one of your pieces. I would like to see them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom