Poll - What is your favorite chicken breed?

What is your favorite chicken breed?

• Total voters
I only have one Buff Orpington but she is the sweetest! She follows me a round like a puppy. I now have 4 Crested Cream Legbars (28 weeks old) and have totally fallen for them too; sweet, quiet and calm. Plus they lay the prettiest blue eggs. I also have 2 Bielefelders, 8 months old and they're OK. Beautiful large brown eggs. They're quite talkative, not overly loud but have gotten quite bossy, somewhat aggressive lately. I'll have to watch that. My experience with other breeds is limited but it's hard not to like something about all of them!!!
cute,also did you mean barnevelder not bielefelders? i love chickens i think it annoys my sister cos i talk all most 24/7 (not really i just do it lots)about chickens

cute,also did you mean barnevelder not bielefelders? i love chickens i think it annoys my sister cos i talk all most 24/7 (not really i just do it lots)about chickens
Nope - Bielefelders. A farm store near where my friend lives had some last summer and because they were already 3 weeks old they were half price! I'd been wanting some, so what was I to do??? I used to have a Barnevelder but she is no longer with me.
:jumpy

Nope - Bielefelders. A farm store near where my friend lives had some last summer and because they were already 3 weeks old they were half price! I'd been wanting some, so what was I to do??? I used to have a Barnevelder but she is no longer with me.
:jumpy
Half price may as well be free, and free chickens obviously need to be rescued. Good job in saving them!

#chickenmath

wow they are pretty i just googled them and they remind me of bard Plymouth rocks
I also think they're really pretty. They are big too - bigger than my "normal" chickens. And boy can they eat! I let them free range every day so I'm sure that helps. They started laying in early December, which surprised me. I thought I'd have to wait until spring. They lay about 5 eggs a week. Decent.

Back
Top Bottom