Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orpington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Swedish

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
My 10 are all runners, and I am constantly stopping in my tracks just to watch them parade across the yard (often with a pair of geese "encouraging" them from behind). I love their crazy gait and their lively chatter. When my duck queen, Quinn, gets excited -- about food, of course -- she just literally jumps up and down in one place. No one else -- of any species, including human -- EVER gets that excited when I serve dinner.

I’ve only ever had a Pekin, a Rouen (soon to be multiplied by 3), and 2 Muscovies.

I loved Margie, my Pekin as she was calm and gentle.

I love my Rouen, Daphne, as she has a fun and outgoing personality. Also, she’s tough and doesn’t back down from her bratty sisters.

I Love my Muscovies because they are more complex than the other breeds and require more understanding. They are also tough and not afraid to steal mice from my cats.

I've never heard that before, my girls aren't very messy
I think that due to their size that they just eat more and you know......
Muscovy duck were a close second to runners for me, but again, I don't consider myself very knowledgeable about ducks.
I better go give them breakfast. They are running around the house quacking pretty loudly right now! 😁

Muscovies are awesome!!! :celebrate

Sweet, brave, quiet, smart, non-fussy and just so unique.

Pekins are my runner-up, big cute fluff balls (though I’ve never actually had them. I’m honestly hoping that’s what’s in the grocery store mystery eggs I’ve got.

Back
Top Bottom