Poll: What time do you go to the coop to let your chickens out?

When it's light enough for me to not worry about predators, usually 5 this time of year. I let them out and head to bed. They get locked up around 3 or so, later if I'm home for the day.

We have a covered hen house/coop that is Forte Knox secure so they go out anytime they wish!
big_smile.png
I usually go out around 11AM (I work late and don't get to bed until after 2 AM) and check that they have plenty of clean food and water and to love them a bit
love.gif
. Nice days they will be able to go into a bigger area that's not covered. My hubby visits them at 8AM.

Between 6 and 6:30 in the morning and I'm sure they'd prefer 5:30 am because they come running out they're breaking out of prison. They put themselves to bed at night, right at sunset so right now I close the door on them at night around 8:45 or 9 pm.

I want an automatic door at least for the am time.

5:30 - 6 am
they all pile out and give me that "look".....
rant.gif
"what took you so LONG!?!"
most are on the roost by early evening, but a few wander around until dusk (their run is surrounded by elec. poultry netting).

Last edited:
As soon as I can get out there...6:00 or so.....otherwise they get real grump and noisy.
smile.png

They put themselves to bed and we go out around 8:30 or 9:00 to check on them and lock up the barn.

Back
Top Bottom