1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. ladybird12

ladybird12 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2010
    I am thinking of getting a poly tunnel to place my bantams ark in to protect it from the winter storms ( we get a lot in Wales ) any one think this is a good idea ?

2. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I'm not sure what a "poly tunnel" is so hopefully someone else might be able to help you out.[​IMG]

3. ladybird12

Jun 29, 2010
    Its a sort of steel framed plastic green house used to protect plants and is very strong to hold up to wind and frost , I think it will protect chickens from the elements , they are probaly only sold here in the UK [​IMG] I am well hope you are x

4. ladybird12

Jun 29, 2010
  5. tammyd57

tammyd57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would think that would be a great idea, as long as there is sufficient ventilation to prevent moisture buildup.

6. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Sure, as long as you leave at least one, possibly both, ends of the tunnel open to prevent condensation. It is hard to imagine til you see it just how much the humidity builds up in those things, especially in the nighttime hours.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

7. graciesmum

graciesmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2013
    shropshire, uk
    How did the poly tunnel idea go? I was thinking of doing the same, any tips for me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by