Pom Goslings

1MrsMagoo

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
St Tammany Parish LA
Well, I have hatched my first goose eggs: Thanks to Pete55 for his wonderful hatching guide. Out of 4 Buff Saddleback Pomeranian eggs I set on December 7th I ended up with two goslings. I had 3 eggs hatch, but one gosling had trouble hatching and died the first night. The last egg had a fully developed gosling that died prior to hatching: Their was a lot of fluid in the egg, so the poor baby may have drowned.

I had to go to Ohio due to a death in the family so my daughter and husband, who had never messed with the incubators before, took over the last week and a half and moved the eggs to the Little Giant to hatch. I don't know if my being here would have improved anything, but I guess I'll find out since I still have 4 eggs at various stages of development in the incubator. I have one due to hatch this weekend and one on Wednesday next week: The other two should be ready about the 28th of the month.

My daughter has named the remaining two goslings Caboose and Tucker. They are the sweetest little things and REALLY enjoy their Romaine lettuce "salads" three times a day.

Here are my babies at three days old.....

They're beautiful
love.gif

when i hatched my poms, too, they had sticking goopy fluid making it hard for them to hatch( i had to help him hatch but hes good now though!)

when i hatched my poms, too, they had sticking goopy fluid making it hard for them to hatch( i had to help him hatch but hes good now though!)

Thanks roocrazy....now that I know that, I'll be sure to watch them closer!

Oh and thanks to everyone else. I really adore these little guys. They are so much friendlier than chickens or ducklings.

Last edited:
They are adorable! I am guessing your daughter is a fan of Red Vs. Blue? :D

Yep, she sure is: Her older brother and cousin corrupted her and got her hooked!

As of yesterday we also have Donut, and Church is hatching as I type this. Two eggs are left in the incubator and if they hatch next week we will have Griff and Simmons. We will probably have to switch a couple to Sheila and Tex after we see who turns out to be a girl though...lol.

Once the eggs I purchased to bring in new bloodlines begin to arrive, I guess we'll start on the blue team, since I think most of the names she chose are from the red.
big_smile.png

Well, I now have 4 goslings, with 2 eggs still in the incubator due to hopefully hatch next weekend. It is AMAZING how big the first two got in just under two weeks. Here is a picture with gosling number 3, known as Donut....I had to put the three together for a few hours while #4, Griff got steadier on his feet.

Back
Top Bottom