pony tailing silkie crests up

Mine are like Joes, and while some will tolerate it, some will not. I use Sally Beauty Supply pink hair tape, I hold the crest up, and wrap a few go'rounds till its secure. If it is too tight they do not like it and some will not like it at first but the more often you do it they start to get used to it.

what a beautiful bird!!!!

I hope the pony tail works, it would be a shame having to trim that nice crest!!

maybe make a chicken sized hooded to help pull the crest back some.. like those hawk hoods.. they use for hawks.. just modified

That is such a BEAUTIFUL girl!!! I thought about trying to tie back my Poca's crest, she has to look over and over and over and over for the step in the garage.....then she still stumbles over it....I brushed off the idea because I thought I was turning her into one of those little froo-froo dogs. But then I guess she is anyway. I'm gonna try some of my tiniest rubber hair ties like the ones for micro-braids.....I think I'll give her pigtails. Could be a fun adventure for a day?! I did trim some of the fluff around her eyes (carefully so she didn't look stupid) and she did see a lot better. Seemed happier as well...a little more sure of her steps, ya know. Post pics if you do her hair-do!

She looks absolutely gorgeous so far Montana! I hope you put some of them in the show ring down there.
These are some of her older siblings:
PICT2884.jpg

PICT2881.jpg

im002276.jpg

im002295.jpg

Awww....don't they look cute with ponytails?
dscn1635.jpg

I tried doing my Poca's crest today. I think it would be easier if it were a little moist, so that you could get ahold of one clump and keep the rest out of the way. The tiny rubberband worked well, but all the rest of the fluff that I didn't want getting in there kept getting snagged on it. I managed to divide it into two parts and get it in pigtails. She was OBVIOUSLY startled by it when I let her down. She had to do a lot of talking about it, and didn't seem to trust her altered vision. Did a little head shaking as you would expect, but settled down quickly. Good luck with your girl!

Back
Top Bottom