Poo pics blood? Or maybe something else?

Rose Quartz

Enabler
6 Years
Mar 18, 2018
East Hants N.S. Canada
Im gonna start with except at night all of my birds are free range. I have 3.5 acres that they roam, and i occassionally find them on the neighbors farm. All that's there is a big barn and 40 acres of grass and corn.

I had a rat problem but all i've done is set out a trap and been bringing their food inside my house at night. They havent been back since the first week i moved the food out.

I noticed crows around the feed that i had been setting outside during the day so now it's back in the coop.

The chicks these would have come from are 10 -14 weeks, and 6 weeks. Could it be they have some how gotten coccidosis? Or i have no clue if my neighbor has put poison down in or around his barn to deal with the rats. They seem to be acting normal.

One other bit of information. It's been reasonably warm here going between 15C - 30C (59f - 86F) most days and last night the temp dropped down to 7C (44F) could it maybe just be stress from the cold? I havent noticed it before this morning.
20190906_082944.jpg
20190906_083014.jpg
20190906_083018.jpg
20190906_082936.jpg

It does look like blood, especially the third picture. Is it in several places on the poop board or does it seem like it came from just one chicken? Aside from that the poop looks pretty normal.

It does look like blood, especially the third picture. Is it in several places on the poop board or does it seem like it came from just one chicken? Aside from that the poop looks pretty normal.
It is more than one chicken. 2 at least from the younger group. The older group it's hard to say there are 6 of them and they huddle really close together.

Uhhh, i'll check the feed store first. There are no vets in my area for chickens. I could check with the one i take my cats to, but they've told me before they wont diagnose with pictures.
You could ask that vet if they could just sell you the product without seeing your bird.

Back
Top Bottom