Poodles and Chickens - together forever!

Well here it is--my first poodle grooming-- I don't think he will be going out in public for a couple weeks
roll.png

Check out the gaps

14593_100_1989.jpg

14593_100_1984.jpg

That's not too bad! It takes practice, after all. It will grow back and blend in really fast. One thing I don't think was mentioned earlier is that you have to be sure and pull the skin taut as you're clipping. That helps it go easier. Plus you'll probably have to clip her a few times to learn which way the hair grows in different places--each dog is different.

I need some advise: should I buy the standard poodle I want considering I have 6 chickens which are very special to me. The poodle is now 2 weeks old. He'll come to me at 8 weeks. But, if I'm doing the wrong thing, I better reconsider now. You have both. Have you had any problems mixing them? What can you tell me. Thanks. Grace

I'm about to get a poodle puppy in the next 4 weeks, but first I wanted to check with other chicken owners if they have had problems mixing those two. This will be a standard poodle and my 6 hens: 1 Wyandotte, 1 Australoop, 3 white leghorn, and one frizzle. Depending on what I read from you guys, I'll make my final decision. Thanks for your help.

Maybe you can explain me why there are no posts about chickens and poodles after 2008??? That's 8 years ago! I'm new to this poodle/chicken match and would love to find others who are currently in similar situation. My baby poodle will arrive in the next 4 weeks, so I'm preparing myself for this great event. I sincerely hope I'm not doing the wrong thing. This will be a standard red female poodle.

I have 2 toy poodles 1 loves animals n the other 1 can care less I have free range chicken ducks guineas Turkey's rabbits geese n some times I let my goats roam free my dogs don't chase them they walk by them n don't do anything but I trained them to do that

Back
Top Bottom