Poop around butt

britinpa

Songster
Jun 22, 2020
Central Pennsylvania
I noticed another thread more recently regarding this, and I never know whether to tag on other's posts or whether to start own thread. I just had another question. I guess I will need to clean this messy butt - just concerned about taking any feathers off, as it's been cold here (20's last night, 34 today and mid 20's tonight).

Attachments

• 20201207_123120.jpg
    20201207_123120.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 22
If you can, wait.
If you can't, fill a bucket with warm soapy water (Dawn dish soap) and place somewhere warmer, in a garage or shed.
Wash gently, rinse (put a little vinegar in the rinse water) and dry well with a hair dryer.
Good luck!

If you can, wait.
If you can't, fill a bucket with warm soapy water (Dawn dish soap) and place somewhere warmer, in a garage or shed.
Wash gently, rinse (put a little vinegar in the rinse water) and dry well with a hair dryer.
Good luck!
That isn't bad, you can just snip that much off and you probably won't even come close to seeing actual butt skin.
I'd reccomend a little booty haircut over a bath in winter for sure.:)
Thank you to both of you. I haven't really noticed this until the past few days, so it's not been a long time build up - I haven't managed to get a real close up to see vent. I'm not really too hands on - when they squat I give them a stroke, but the majority of the time they run off. I will have my husband hold her while I try and snip those clumps off - hopefully I don't stress her and the others out when doing it.

You'll do fine, don't worry about stressing anybody out besides yourself of course. :)
Thank you to both of you. I haven't really noticed this until the past few days, so it's not been a long time build up - I haven't managed to get a real close up to see vent. I'm not really too hands on - when they squat I give them a stroke, but the majority of the time they run off. I will have my husband hold her while I try and snip those clumps off - hopefully I don't stress her and the others out when doing it.

I will have my husband hold her while I try and snip those clumps off - hopefully I don't stress her and the others out when doing it.
Better this than a bath in this climate.
You'll have to get a good look at her vent and the skin around it.....so you don't cut her skin while trimming and to make sure there's not a bigger issue buried in there.

Better this than a bath in this climate.
You'll have to get a good look at her vent and the skin around it.....so you don't cut her skin while trimming and to make sure there's not a bigger issue buried in there.
We gave her a trim yesterday, and got rid of those clumps. She was all clean around the vent, so I don't think any other issues.

He can cover her with an old towel to keep her still and not be so afraid.

Back
Top Bottom