Poop board - score!!!

jenesis536

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
CA
We are building a 2nd coop and I was looking around for ideas to cover the poop board with. I heard that boot trays work well, but I couldn't find them locally and they seemed pricey online especially considering shipping. I was finding them for about $15-18 each.

I had to go to the Dollar Tree today to get some stuff for my daughter's bday party, and they had a whole bunch there for $1 each!! They are 13x22 so I will have to put them side by side, but it'll work for what I need! It might even be easier than taking a big one in and out to dump off and clean up.

They also had good size bins to use for next boxes - $1 each.

Woo hooooo!

Image12.gif

Headed to tomorrow to dollar tree

Xoxoxo

Nice find! I love boot trays, and you're right about the smaller ones. I think I might replace the one large one I use with two smaller ones. As I was carrying the large one out the coop door one day, it bumped on the door frame and I nearly spilled all the contents all over myself (blech). I never have that problem with the small ones, and I can carry out two at a time, stacked on top of each other.

I bought a 10ft roll of 20inch flashing at the Depot, and attached it to two rails, cupped it, covered it with chicken wire, and slanted it down from under the top of the roost and it exits into a 5gallon bucket. It takes about 10 seconds to hose it off every morning. Am I a genius or what?
lol.png

(the reason I covered it with chicken wire is one of the small chicks decided to use it as a slide, and almost ended up in the poop water bucket! oops)

Quote:
I think that's a great idea. I just built a small coop and you reminded me that I have some leftover flooring in the garage! Thanks! I'm covering that poop board with the linoleum. My main coop has just a piece of painted plywood and it works great, but the flooring will be much better. Nothing... sticking
sickbyc.gif
... to the board that has to be levered off.

Back
Top Bottom