poop board scraper solution

I have a poop hammock using an 8 x 10 blue tarp. The length of my roosts are 8' long so the hammock just hangs under them. The bottom edge of the hammock is attached to the underside of the lowest roost with eye hooks. I just turn the center eye hook and empty the poop into a bucket below. Easy, available, and cheap. The blue tarps can be hosed off or replaced as needed.

What about running 2 parallel 2X4s running under the roost and suspend baking sheets, by their lip, that simply can be lifted out, carried to a disposal place to be hosed / scrapped off then set back into place. Unless you're lazy like me and simply line the pans like a parakeet cage
smile.png

I use a plastic dust pan I got from the dollar store. I scoop the poop into a baby wipes box and then dump it in the compost container.
I clean it off everyday. There is only 3 chickens in the coop at this time so it is easy. In about 10 weeks I will bring in the 2 new chickens
I have in a brooder in the garage. Maybe the dust pan will need to be bigger lol.
The 12" drywall knife works well in the brooder. It has a pergo floor I got cheap at HOBO. Just scape and sweep.

Last edited:
I am filling about a 5 gal bucket a week and put it on the manure pile from our horses. My flock is currently 28 birds with 22 more in brooders and eggs in the incubator.

Last edited:
We use a kittie scooper upside down to scrap into a tray, and then to compost barrel. I like the 2 2x4 with the lipped tray theory though. I may have to try that one out.......

Back
Top Bottom