Poop boards....

Pics
So I'm in Australia, we don't have sweet pdz or stall refresher or equivalent that I can readily find.
My question is is pdz/refresher just straight zeolite? Or is it scented with additives etc..... Or just straight zeolite?
I can get pure zeolite in 30lb bags for $35aud. It's sold as an upgrade replacement for pool filter sand. I've used it before in biosand filters and it definitely absorbs ammonia and organic type odours.works very well.
If this pure zeolite is the same thing as pdz then pool supplies places may have it at a good price also. Just not sure if its exactly the same thing.
It is zeolite so that will probably work fine....sand would also do the job.

So I'm in Australia, we don't have sweet pdz or stall refresher or equivalent that I can readily find.
My question is is pdz/refresher just straight zeolite? Or is it scented with additives etc..... Or just straight zeolite?
I can get pure zeolite in 30lb bags for $35aud. It's sold as an upgrade replacement for pool filter sand. I've used it before in biosand filters and it definitely absorbs ammonia and organic type odours.works very well.
If this pure zeolite is the same thing as pdz then pool supplies places may have it at a good price also. Just not sure if its exactly the same thing.
PDZ is pure zeolite.....but you really want a granulated formulation to reduce the dust aspect.
You might be able to find that searching garden soil additives.

This would be interesting. I can get Zeosand in North Alabama from a local pool supply store, it's on sale now 15% off, $38.24US for 50lbs pickup at store. ( I see it's also in GA, not sure where else this place has stores.)

https://lesliespool.com/zeosand-natural-zeolite-filter-media-50-lbs.-2-x-25-lb.-bags/401031.html

But the pdz at tractor supply is 9.99$US per 25lbs. I need to call around more to the co-op and feed stores.

P.S. Seems some versions of this zeolite sold for aquariums are green, does anyone know if the green portion of this is the "green sand" used in gardening ( soil block mixes a la Eliot Coleman)?

I'm currently finishing up building our second coop. I have a raised coop that opens about waist high at the short side of the rectangle. We are putting 3 roosting bars across the short side extending into the coop at graduating heights from the coop floor. If I make an area underneath the bars for the PDZ should it be off the floor to keep chickens out of it? Or will they get into it? Will this even work for my coop?
I use hemp bedding and it gets expensive. This sounds like a great way to keep the coop cleaner and more cost effective. Look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance for your help.
PDZ won't hurt your chickens, I have two girls that mess in it and peck it nearly every night. I have been using it for several years and love it!

Back
Top Bottom