Poop catcher DIY

Do you get up very early in the morning, then, I guess? I would have to wake up super early to pull the poop catcher out before my chickens walk all over it and mix it in with the coop bedding and such.

I like this idea for my set up. I have poop boards. I scrape em everyday into a bucket. If I install that 1by1 lip (been procrastinating that), the plastic wouldn't slide around while being scraped.

Attachments

• 20200906_100238.jpg
    20200906_100238.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 11
Where are your girls laying their eggs? Or are the laying yet? I couldn't see any nest boxes in the coop. Btw, nice little coop ! :thumbsup
Sorry about that. I see them now.
How many eggs do you get pet day? Last year I was getting about 150/day but that was a lot of work. I sold most my birds since the stroke and now I only have about 40.

It feels like one big empty nest out here with just those few chickens.
:hit

:D:gig:lau

I like this idea for my set up. I have poop boards. I scrape em everyday into a bucket. If I install that 1by1 lip (been procrastinating that), the plastic wouldn't slide around while being scraped.
I think the plastic run runner would work well for you since there arent any wood chips up there and easy to clean. For me, it was on the floor and i was losing lots of wood chips every day.

That’s a great idea! Right now I’m using trays that go under appliances. Works pretty well and they fit great under my roost. But I think I’ll try the plastic runner when these trays wear out.

Back
Top Bottom