Poop Hammock Rocks!!

Quote:
Nice I like it
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
x2
thumbsup.gif
except I think I already have fabric that will work...
hide.gif
I am also a fabric collector ..who knew it could be used in this way?
gig.gif

Yes the chickens do try to sit on the wooden edges but what I like is when I see one she is faced butt inward - win-win. They are only 8 weeks and the first jump for some is the wooden edges for others it is right up to the perch. I've seen some get pushed off into the hammock but they get right out - its not perfect and they are establishing their pecking order of who sits where. All in all - it works AWESOME! We are going to remove the other T part of the perch because half our birds are meat birds and will not be wintering so the space isn't needed as we first thought it might be.

Nice idea for catching poop, but I wouldn't want to take a nap in that Hammock LOL.

The canvas actually acts to help dry the poop and can be left for a long period of time - when I found this idea the girl who posted lets it go one month! The canvas draws the moisture through and dries the poop - I do it every few days but in the winter its nice to know that I COULD wait a week or so to empty it (or a month if I chose)!

Back
Top Bottom