Poop on chicks feet...Is this normal???

You certainly aren't. It's good that you're checking their feet and realizing that the poop shouldn't be left on there. In addition to feet washing, sometimes there's vent-washing, too, early on. Plenty of opportunities to wash! :gig
I worry if the poo stays on there it will cripple them or give them some weird illness.

I've read in other posts that the poo balls accumulate which could dry, harden and possibly cause binding, malformation. I've also read, and experienced with shavings, the poo balls don't happen. I believe the shavings help to abrade/scrape off the poo before it accumulates. I've never had to wash chick's feet. I only have had to wash chicken feet prior to surgery, and wash chicken butts, which revealed they had lice. After treatment, they've been nice and fluffy. They will certainly enjoy the big box.

A little poop on their feet is normal. Balls of poop that won't come off, or sore spots, are not.

If it's a typical bathtub, as long as you close the drain and line it well with paper towels, you shouldn't get shavings down the drain at all. In this case I'd try out shavings to reduce the amount of poop on the surface they're walking on.

A little poop on their feet is normal. Balls of poop that won't come off, or sore spots, are not.

If it's a typical bathtub, as long as you close the drain and line it well with paper towels, you shouldn't get shavings down the drain at all. In this case I'd try out shavings to reduce the amount of poop on the surface they're walking on.
We got a kiddie pool and put the shavings in there and them today :lau:gigI have never laughed so hard in my life!! They were running around chasing each other and picking up shavings and playing tug of war. It was so funny to watch I was late to work LOL. They even had a good time scratching through the shavings looking for goodies. Thank you ladies it was truly an experience to watch them. We will add the shavings to the tub area this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom