Poop problem? *pic*

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Hi, there-

I was watching my flock free range this morning, and my cochin produced the picrured poop. It's yellow. It's foamy. She is otherwise acting completely normal, eating, drinking, running around, etc.

She is 15 weeks. Fed primarily medicated grower/starter. She free ranges part of every day. Gets A handful of BOSS or mealworms 2x per week. Vaccinated for Marek's. Comb looks fine. Poop under roost was normal this morning.

I know what this may mean, but I tend to overreact and could use a second opinion. I am going out of town to a funeral for the next two days and am concerned....

Help?

20181204_120059.jpg

Looks like a cecal poop. It stinks to high heaven and is perfectly normal.

ETA: if she is 15 weeks, she does not need to be on medicated feed any longer. She can be switched to a grower feed.

Thank you for your quick reply!!!

I actually posted about the medicated feed recently. I am just waiting until the bag runs out - probably later this week. Didn't want to waste feed/$. Everyone who responded thought it'd be ok. And it has high enough protein. But maybe I will just chuck what's left, then.

But you're pretty sure it's cecal? Just want to be sure before I leave in a little while. I thought foamy = no bueno. But as I said, I tend to overreact - LOL!

Back
Top Bottom