Poop Problems

aaronburton87

In the Brooder
May 31, 2016
I am no longer receiving the 60+ pounds of produce every week that my ducks have become accustomed to. Now that they only have access to the lawn and there feed, there poop smells awful. It had no smeell before.

They also have the liqui-shìts since they stopped getting veggies.I'm not talking about pooping more, but having my birds essentially projectile shìttiñg a liquid less viscous than water over a distance of 1-3 feet. My lawn is cover in the caked stuff. Is there a way to get it to dissolve faster? Water it in with a hose?

I know its not an infection (tested everybird, I'm licensed for microbiology labs), but how do I stop it?

Last edited:
LoL, sorry your ducks have the "liqui-*****," but I'm pretty sure that's normal. I have always called it "rocket poop" and my ducks have always done it. As far as your lawn, sorry but I don think there is anything you can do. Mine, unfortunately, looks pretty terrible also. Good Luck Though!

You may not get 60+ pounds anymore but you can still give them some veggies. I have found myself even shopping for veggies with my ducks in mind.. extra tomato this week, watermelon next week, etc

If nothing else, you could put out some word for free veggies and see if someone has some that they can spare for you, especially if they are about to go bad and that family can't finish it in time.

Back
Top Bottom