Poop problems?

Ajulycc

Songster
Mar 23, 2018
WNY
AF160CE1-CC69-4968-A1B6-8A48B2359B61.jpeg 74190EAE-A7A7-4E40-B3BB-15211A7CCDAA.jpeg Not sure if this change to the girls poop is normal or not . So background is , I have 7 barred rocks all about 4 months old, some have started laying , free range during the day, cooped at night, we have cherry trees with dropped cherries . Now a days I’m finding this poop. Anything to be concerned with? Thank you

Color can vary, there is a wide range of normal. That could be from berries/cherries. If they have access to wood ash, that can make droppings black or dark. Lots of things can change the color. If they are all acting normally, it's probably OK, but you can restrict their area and make sure the only thing they have is chicken feed, to see if it clears up, then you will know it's something they are eating. Also color can be deceiving depending on what it's on, if you take a bit and smear it on a white paper towel it may give a better idea of the actual color.

Color can vary, there is a wide range of normal. That could be from berries/cherries. If they have access to wood ash, that can make droppings black or dark. Lots of things can change the color. If they are all acting normally, it's probably OK, but you can restrict their area and make sure the only thing they have is chicken feed, to see if it clears up, then you will know it's something they are eating. Also color can be deceiving depending on what it's on, if you take a bit and smear it on a white paper towel it may give a better idea of the actual color.
Great idea I never even thought to do the paper towel ! They are all acting as normal as chickens do. They all run to me every time I go outside. Lol

Back
Top Bottom