poopie butts

mbleily

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Idaho
I have some 5 week chicks that I just put out into the chicken house. It is not air tight and has a screened window. I put a light there but it is kind of high off the ground and doesn't give much light. I have 4 Turkens and 4 EE's. All the Turkens have poo collected on their bottom feathers. It isn't closing off the vent just looks like it was loose and ran down onto the feathers. None of the EE's have this. Do you think this is caused by the stress of being moved or could it be they got chilly? If it was too cold I would think the EE's would have it too.

The weather has turned very warm here during the day but it does cool off at night. They seem to be eating and drinking and doing everything normal.

I'm not an expert, but they do get diahroea from time to time. Stress causes it or food stuffs - too many mealworm in our cases.

You can bathe their bum's in warm water to get it off if you like, to save it collecting more. As long as they're eating and drinking, and pooing, then they're grand, :)

I'm not an expert, but they do get diahroea from time to time. Stress causes it or food stuffs - too many mealworm in our cases.

You can bathe their bum's in warm water to get it off if you like, to save it collecting more. As long as they're eating and drinking, and pooing, then they're grand, :)

I guess I will just watch them and see if they keep eating and drinking. I do think it was the excitement of getting out in the fresh air and seeing the other chickens. Although they aren't together they can see each other.

Back
Top Bottom