Pooping in the dust box

puddinbabe

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
My husband built a proper dust box for my two girls filled with sand and a little DE. Until now they have been rolling around in the dirt. As of day two they seem to think it is a litterbox. There's a ton of poo in it. Is this just something they're going to do? I can't imagine they would want to take a dust bath in the poo box. And if they did......gross! Ideas/suggestions?

Annie

hmmmmm.
on one hand - ew.
but then again, wouldn't it be nice if they decide they wanted to use the box exclusively! then you could scoop the box once a day and the rest of the coop would be super clean!

interesting.

please let us know how things develop.

wouldn't it be nice if they decide they wanted to use the box exclusively! then you could scoop the box once a day and the rest of the coop would be super clean!

lau.gif

Love it!!!!

A birds' gotta do what a birds' gotta do. Nottin you can do about it. I built 2 nesting boxes, stunning, and they lay on the other side by the door. Go figure.

D.gif
jumpy.gif
frow.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

They seem to do what-ever it is they feel like and when ever they feel like it - I found a egg dead center of the coop today - and I KNOW that girl was in the nest box just half an hour before....

Perhaps your's will lay eggs in the dust box........
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom