Poopy butt

Kaddi143

Songster
Sep 29, 2020
My ameraucana has always had poopy butt. She's two years old, lays beautiful very large yoked blue eggs, but her boots is always got poop on it....the pic is her comb injury from the rooster, she turns to follow me every time I tried to take a picture of poop butt.

Attachments

• 20210424_124456.jpg
    20210424_124456.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 30
Meaning at night? She does but she likes to sleep on the brooder box more often bc RIR hens hog her favorite roost
There you go. If she is on a flat surface she'll gather poop on her bum because all chickens poop lots and lots at night. Try to get her a roost so her poop drops down instead of piling onto her

Meaning at night? She does but she likes to sleep on the brooder box more often bc RIR hens hog her favorite roost
I have watched her poop it just smooshes on her tail like she doesn't push when pooping, she lays very big eggs so I kinda thought maybe that's it.

The reason she's probably caked with feces is because she's sitting in it while she sleeps. When chickens roost they poop, and it falls down to the poop board. But if they are sitting on a surface while they sleep, they are sitting in the poop instead... Because it had nowhere else to go.

There you go. If she is on a flat surface she'll gather poop on her bum because all chickens poop lots and lots at night. Try to get her a roost so her poop drops down instead of piling onto her
She has 6 to roost on but I've seen it come out walking around foraging it just always leaves ooze.

Back
Top Bottom