Poopy butt

My barred rock didn’t squat down enough so poop stuck onto her feathers regularly! I’d bring her inside and gently spay just the poopy feathers off with warm water. Sometimes I’d have to soak her a few minutes in a warm bath to clean her up. Occasionally I’d trim feathers off a few feather below her vent which helped quite a bit. Hope that helps! I also agree with giving her plenty of roosts to choose from. My chicken preferred sleeping on a roost.

She had a very hard molt this year. But the poop streaks have been there every time she poops like her last drizzle following poop just doesn't make it past tail feathers without streaks or kind of skid marks

There you go. If she is on a flat surface she'll gather poop on her bum because all chickens poop lots and lots at night. Try to get her a roost so her poop drops down instead of piling onto her
It's not piled just streaks left when pooping...it's like her tail feathers are so fluffy the poop touches some on the way out, but not caked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-224309_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-224309_Gallery.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210504-224242_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-224242_Gallery.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210504-224228_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-224228_Gallery.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210504-223704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-223704_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
My barred rock didn’t squat down enough so poop stuck onto her feathers regularly! I’d bring her inside and gently spay just the poopy feathers off with warm water. Sometimes I’d have to soak her a few minutes in a warm bath to clean her up. Occasionally I’d trim feathers off a few feather below her vent which helped quite a bit. Hope that helps! I also agree with giving her plenty of roosts to choose from. My chicken preferred sleeping on a roost.
That sounds more like her issue. She's not a tight pooper and tail feathers are fluffy so it leaves marks on its way down! She loves and often demands meal worms daily but her poop isn't runny

Would it help to clip her a "poopy path?" You know, carefully use scissors to clean up (remove) her tail feathers or fluffy downy feathers on her backside that her runny poop sticks to so it just can't accumulate there? Poor little thing, walking around all the time with a nasty booty like that! This doesn't exactly qualify as pasty butt, I don't think, unless there is a danger of it actually clogging her vent so she can't physically poop unless you were to intervene and clear the poop away like you would on a baby chick. She just has a dirty bottom.

Would it help to clip her a "poopy path?" You know, carefully use scissors to clean up (remove) her tail feathers or fluffy downy feathers on her backside that her runny poop sticks to so it just can't accumulate there? Poor little thing, walking around all the time with a nasty booty like that! This doesn't exactly qualify as pasty butt, I don't think, unless there is a danger of it actually clogging her vent so she can't physically poop unless you were to intervene and clear the poop away like you would on a baby chick. She just has a dirty bottom.
Yes it's like a little boy just can't keep her bum clean!

Thanks very helpful!

Yeah I think it would help
Try it, let us know how it goes.
Other than that, if it's not causing any issues, she should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom