Poor Babs hurt her leg

Did the vet mention Marek's disease at all?
No because this came on so suddenly and she is otherwise totally normal. Eating and drinking and laying, so that seems unlikely. plus for me, the timing of her being totally normal, to starting to limp after me chasing her to try to get her back in the run, and then the next day her flying up on the table and stepping on the plate which sent her down to the ground, then it went from a limp to absolute lameness on the one leg. So to me it seems very related to injury but I guess it is always a possibility but don't you think she'd be acting sick? This morning she was in the crate in the mudroom chowing down and then laid an egg and sang her egg song. Could it still be that?

No because this came on so suddenly and she is otherwise totally normal. Eating and drinking and laying, so that seems unlikely. plus for me, the timing of her being totally normal, to starting to limp after me chasing her to try to get her back in the run, and then the next day her flying up on the table and stepping on the plate which sent her down to the ground, then it went from a limp to absolute lameness on the one leg. So to me it seems very related to injury but I guess it is always a possibility but don't you think she'd be acting sick? This morning she was in the crate in the mudroom chowing down and then laid an egg and sang her egg song. Could it still be that?
I think it's a possibility especially since you've had unknown recent deaths in your flock.

I think it's a possibility especially since you've had unknown recent deaths in your flock.
I guess I am going to have to keep an eye out for that. I did get the necropsy back on Frannie and her liver ruptured. They didn't say whether her liver was fatty or not, the results of that will be this week because the doctor who read the report was standing in for the doctor who did it but ruptured liver was the cause of death

I guess I am going to have to keep an eye out for that. I did get the necropsy back on Frannie and her liver ruptured. They didn't say whether her liver was fatty or not, the results of that will be this week because the doctor who read the report was standing in for the doctor who did it but ruptured liver was the cause of death
What do you feed your birds?

Well, I have learned the hard way that I have not been great. I feed them Kalmbaugh Henhouse Reserve which is supposed to be complete nutrition but I think they just pick out the sunflower seeds and good bits and leave the pellets so I have to re-train them onto just pellets. Also I was guilty of giving too many mealworms and too much cooked corn. Other than that I give them watermelon, microgreens, bok choy, honeydew, hemp seed/hearts, pine nuts, frisee lettuce, dandelion greens. blueberries (but in moderation because that gives them blue diarreah, They refuse to eat yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, anything mushy - they hate it. I used to give them salmon and sardines but they quit liking them. There ya have it. The good, the bad and the ugly

Back
Top Bottom