Poor Charlie and Dolores

Thanks Miss Lydia - I appreciate your suggestions and support. He was walking short distances this morning from one pen to the next. So proud of him - he's such a gentle boy.
Just keeping my fingers crossed for Dolly now. :)

Thanks Miss Lydia - I appreciate your suggestions and support. He was walking short distances this morning from one pen to the next. So proud of him - he's such a gentle boy.
Just keeping my fingers crossed for Dolly now. :)
How do his legs look not bowed or anything I hope? I'd keep giving them Shredded romaine lettuce too along with vitamin.

I am so happy to hear he is up and walking.

Thanks for your good wishes - it's always a "heart in mouth job" when livestock has a happening - thank goodness I found BYC 'cos everyone I spoke to here (including the vet) was scratching their heads. Lots of sheep and cattle farmers around here so guess most people I spoke to are not used to someone (and a woman, to boot) getting into a tiz about a goose. As is happened just before Christmas lots of inappropriate remarks were made - I'll leave you to guess what they were!! I was NOT amused!

Input and suggestions were invaluable so thanks once again :)

His legs are very straight and seem to be quite strong - I've been out again to give him lunch and he's up and standing again. Lettuce is a problem at the moment as its not being imported in from Europe cos of the temperature drop there. Sweet Heart cabbage, Kale and Pak Choi are on the menu at the mom - this goose is getting used to being spoiled ! I shall be putting Dolores in the bath this afternoon for a clean-up and see if I can get her swimming. Should be a lotta fun :)

Glad to hear there is some progress. Hopefully they'll both be on their feet soon.

Glad to hear there is some progress. Hopefully they'll both be on their feet soon.
Thanks for your good wishes - it's always a "heart in mouth job" when livestock has a happening - thank goodness I found BYC 'cos everyone I spoke to here (including the vet) was scratching their heads. Lots of sheep and cattle farmers around here so guess most people I spoke to are not used to someone (and a woman, to boot) getting into a tiz about a goose. As is happened just before Christmas lots of inappropriate remarks were made - I'll leave you to guess what they were!! I was NOT amused!

Input and suggestions were invaluable so thanks once again :)

How do his legs look not bowed or anything I hope? I'd keep giving them Shredded romaine lettuce too along with vitamin.

I am so happy to hear he is up and walking.
His legs are very straight and seem to be quite strong - I've been out again to give him lunch and he's up and standing again. Lettuce is a problem at the moment as its not being imported in from Europe cos of the temperature drop there. Sweet Heart cabbage, Kale and Pak Choi are on the menu at the mom - this goose is getting used to being spoiled ! I shall be putting Dolores in the bath this afternoon for a clean-up and see if I can get her swimming. Should be a lotta fun :)

(Finally getting the hang of this site )

(Finally getting the hang of this site )
I was going to ask you if you let them swim or can let them swim this time of year. That is such good exercise for them. All you named are very good greens. Good to here the ganders legs are straight and strong too Maybe now that Charlie is up walking some it will encourage Delores to try harder.

I was going to ask you if you let them swim or can let them swim this time of year. That is such good exercise for them. All you named are very good greens. Good to here the ganders legs are straight and strong too Maybe now that Charlie is up walking some it will encourage Delores to try harder.

Well I can get them in the bath . We have an Avian Flu lock down at the moment lasting until end of Feb. However I have been wrapping them in towels (to stop the flapping) and taking them to the bathroom to see if I can get their legs moving. Dolores moves about the bath quite well (Charlie also does but cos he's bigger it takes a bit of manoevering). Bathroom looks like a Monsoon has hit it but what the heck. Yes hopefully Dolores will get going soon so she doesn't get left out.

Back
Top Bottom