Amox capsules (people)
Amox powder to make liquid (animal)
Clavamox Powder (animal)
Doxycycline Tablets (people)
Cipro caps (people)
Terrimycin powder (animal)
Terrimyicin Ointment (animal)
Zithromax Tabs (people)

I've got another one too but I've got to go get the bottle, these are just off the top of my head.
I have Chronic Lyme Disease so I ALWAYS have antibiotics in the house, sadly I'm on them at least a couple times of year sometimes taking over 2000mg a day
barnie.gif
hit.gif

Are there any homeopathic chicken people here? I also have a big bottle of colodial silver in the house, which for those of you who don't know was used a looooonng time ago as the first antibiotic. We used it to clear up awful Ringworm that my daughter had one and off for three years straight as a last resort after trying every prescription and over the counter treatment known to man for it and it cleared it up within a month of applying it topically twice a day. It can be put on the skin or taken under the tounge...
I have a ton of other homeopathic meds in the house as well.

You'd think with all these meds in my house that my kids would be or had been sick or something right? But my 3 kids, ages 7, 6, and 2 have NEVER taken an antibiotic in their lives for anything, none of them have ever had an ear infection, or anything like that. Believe me I know how lucky I am.

Anyway, if you guys think any of those would work I'll try it. I've got pill crushers and all that jazz.
I have friends in animals and could get specialty meds if I need to, that's how I got all the animal antibiotics, I have a 15 year old kitty with AIDS and we have to keep things like that in the house.

I haven't witnessed her eat but it looks like there is food missing. Same for water, haven't seen her drink but a little is missing and she did poo yesterday.

Last edited:
Well I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing....

I cleaned her bum this morning and it looks SOOOOO much better, I had no idea they could heal so fast.

She has one puncture wound that isn't healed up yet but it's nice and scabbed and clean and one little spot on the top of her vent that still has a scab, everything else has fallen away to reveal clean pink new skin! She even has new pin feathers already!

Boy did she get lucky. I think if she had been left for any long things would have gotten much worse.

She doesn't have an odor to her anymore, and I dusted her for mites this morning.

She's also eating, drinking, and pooing!

Looks like Lovie will be okay after all
D.gif

Funny how they can turn around so fast.

I'm going to still need to spend some time clipping her nails back over time, poor girl.

I'm about to put her out in my garden for a bit for some sun and air. I'll take new pics.

I also wanted to ask a question....

Her Roo died about 4-5 days ago now. She has not laid an egg since she has been with me. Her prior owner says that they were doing the deed all the time.
I've heard that a hen can lay fertile eggs up to two weeks after being with a Roo, is this correct?
If she lays within the next week or so can I try and incubate the egg(s)?

Back
Top Bottom