Poor Picasso

meetthebubus

Crowing
Mar 28, 2017
Sweet Picasso, so calm and loving came to me a year ago from a neighbor who didn't keep her chicks safe. The only surviving member this 3 or 4 week old chick had dried blood,a broken leg, and a impacted crop full of hay.
She fought side by side with me as I nursed her back to health she overcame everyrhing.
She moved in with my flick of Easter eggers who are sweet and accepted her.
She was a rumpless, speckled sussex who waddled a bit bc of her past injuries.
She never laid an egg I suppose bc of her trauma as a chick. She spent time in the egg house though as others laid we nicknamed her "the midwife"

Friday she came to me for a cuddle, acted fine. Saturday my dh told me she was acting poorly at roost time. Sunday morning my dd found her on the coop floor, gone.

I'm not sure what it was she was 1 years old, a sweet butterball, glad to have had her she'll be missed

20190821_163852.jpg
20190315_181135.jpg
20190127_111011.jpg
20181011_180019.jpg

Sweet Picasso, so calm and loving came to me a year ago from a neighbor who didn't keep her chicks safe. The only surviving member this 3 or 4 week old chick had dried blood,a broken leg, and a impacted crop full of hay.
She fought side by side with me as I nursed her back to health she overcame everyrhing.
She never laid an egg I suppose bc of her trauma as a chick. She spent time in the egg house though as others laid we nicknamed her "the midwife"

Friday she came to me for a cuddle, acted fine. Saturday my dh told me she was acting poorly at roost time. Sunday morning my dd found her on the coop floor, gone.

I'm not sure what it was she was 1 years old, a sweet butterball, glad to have had her she'll be missed

View attachment 1889471 View attachment 1889473 View attachment 1889474 View attachment 1889476
So sorry for your loss. Amazing how attached you can get to a chicken.

View attachment 1889471 View attachment 1889473 View attachment 1889474 View attachment 1889476

Oh no I am so sorry, what a pretty lady
She sounded like she got lots of love from you though

Back
Top Bottom