Poor Quality Runners of Khaki Campbells

WizChick

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Oregon City, OR
I need to sell these girls but I don't know what to label them as. I purchased them as Chocolate runners but they don't stand up strait. They waddle and my male Runner catches them way to easy. I'm not familiar with Khaki's so I am afraid to label them as such and be a bad person when someone doesn't get/see what they were hoping for. In these picks they were about 7 weeks old. They are now about 9 weeks old and beginning to molt. Would I be able to tell what they are when they are done growing their adult feathers?

IMG_0339copy.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

The black ones are indeed runners and they are both males. I'll be selling them as well.
Thanks for the help.

They are pretty, I think they are Khaki's but I am not an expert. Hope they find good homes!
smile.png

Best not to label them as a breed - a colour doesn't make a breed. Just sell them as pretty cross-bred brown ducks. They are really very attractive. If you can, put a photo in with your advertisement. Anyone seeing these ducks would think that they look very nice! They might be good layers too, having Runner heritage. The black ones are fairly stocky in the body for Runners.... They are very nice looking also.

Thanks everyone. They are indeed pretty, and I'll definitely include a pic wherever I advertise them.

DuckDuckDuckGoose I'm located just outside of Portland Oregon. I'd like to sell them for enough to cover their cost ($10-$12 a piece so far). Shipping isn't appealing to me sorry.

Yeah, those brown ones are khaki campbells. I would advertise them as "khaki campbells, possible runner/khaki cross. Excellent egg laying heritage. 300+ eggs per year common."

Back
Top Bottom