Poor Quality Runners of Khaki Campbells

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WizChick, May 15, 2011.

1. WizChick

WizChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2009
    Oregon City, OR
    I need to sell these girls but I don't know what to label them as. I purchased them as Chocolate runners but they don't stand up strait. They waddle and my male Runner catches them way to easy. I'm not familiar with Khaki's so I am afraid to label them as such and be a bad person when someone doesn't get/see what they were hoping for. In these picks they were about 7 weeks old. They are now about 9 weeks old and beginning to molt. Would I be able to tell what they are when they are done growing their adult feathers?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The black ones are indeed runners and they are both males. I'll be selling them as well.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Mentzer6

Mentzer6 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    They are pretty, I think they are Khaki's but I am not an expert. Hope they find good homes! [​IMG]

3. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Best not to label them as a breed - a colour doesn't make a breed. Just sell them as pretty cross-bred brown ducks. They are really very attractive. If you can, put a photo in with your advertisement. Anyone seeing these ducks would think that they look very nice! They might be good layers too, having Runner heritage. The black ones are fairly stocky in the body for Runners.... They are very nice looking also.

4. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    The brown ones are Khaki Campbells-im pretty sure.
    hope that helps,
    and what price would u want to sell them for?
    What state r u located?
    Is shipping an option?
    Thanks,
    Tina

5. WizChick

WizChick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2009
    Oregon City, OR
    Thanks everyone. They are indeed pretty, and I'll definitely include a pic wherever I advertise them.

DuckDuckDuckGoose I'm located just outside of Portland Oregon. I'd like to sell them for enough to cover their cost ($10-$12 a piece so far). Shipping isn't appealing to me sorry.

6. clintwilson59

clintwilson59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    Defanantly khaki cambells, looks just like mine.

7. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    KCs for sure [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Yeah, those brown ones are khaki campbells. I would advertise them as "khaki campbells, possible runner/khaki cross. Excellent egg laying heritage. 300+ eggs per year common."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by