1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poorly Chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by claireree, Nov 28, 2010.

1. claireree

claireree Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of days ago I noticed one of my chickens was poorly, I have now brought her inside into a cardboard box. She seems to be really strugling with her breathing and his hardly eating and drinking much, I have also took a picture of her poop to see if you thought that looked normal. It doesnt help at the moment as my ducks have plucked out quite a few of her feathers so not sure if its due to her being cold.

By the way its tomatoe in the poop not blood.

2. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    her poop does look a little odd... You should feed her some eggs and yogurt to give her a boost and see if she perks up any.

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3569

Click
    on the link above and copy/paste the questions into your post. The more information that you can give the more likely it is that someone will be able to help.

I'm also pasting the link to the "poo page" below, hopefully you'll see something that matches and be able to get an idea of what might be going on with your girl.

In the meantime I think you're off to a good start by seperating her into a warm dry place where you can keep an eye on her and monitor what she's eating/drinking/pooping. Offering her some scrambled eggs is a good place to start as that will usually tempt even ill and injured birds, I'd hold off on the yoghurt for awhile though. Sorry your girl isn't doing well and I really hope she starts to get better soon. [​IMG]

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by