Pop Bottle Waterers Just Got Even Easier

wco

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Huntsville, AL
If you are like me then you are always fumbling around with the little spring trying to get it attached around the bottle and connected to the quail pen.

Here is how I solved the problem. A short piece of wire, a pair of needle nose pliers, and about 5 minutes. With these, you too can contruct a spring holder/handle and make your life easier. (I don't yet have a name for this contrivance)

With one hand you can hold the bottle and with the other easily push the spring and holder around the bottle and hook it to the wire of the pen.

Hopefully the photos will tell the story. (One note here: attach the spring permanently to the wire by crimping the end onto the loop in the wire or it will be popping off all the time.)

It saves only a little time but it sure makes attaching the waterer much easier for me.

WCO
21540_spring_1.jpg
[/img]
21540_spring_2.jpg
[/img]
21540_spring_3.jpg
[/img]

21540_spring_4.jpg
[/img]
21540_spring_5.jpg
[/img]

What an ingenious design!
clap.gif
Thank you... I am going to try it. I have about a dozen of these water bottles in use at any given time, and when the temps are below freezing (or <0°F) you don't want to be touching those things with bare wet hands!! LOL! And I don't know how many times I've had to stop and go pick one up because it was sling-shot across the room!!
lol.png
Thank you for sharing!!!
smile.png

Edited to add:
welcome-byc.gif
What a great addition to our "family"!

Last edited:
VERY clever idea, thank you!

If you PM a moderator, they can change the category for you.

Hi - I bought some of these to use on breeder pens, but I can't seem to find any bottles that work. Can anyone suggest a specific brand of soda that fits good? I tried small bottles and a generic 2L coke bottle and none of them stay on with any amount of force in the drink cup.

thank you.

I prefer to be able to fill the water bottle without having to remove it from the cage so switched to this bottle. It has a metal mounting bracket that holds the bottle in place. To refill I just unscrew the lid. My quail and bantams do great on this drinker.

Back
Top Bottom