pop door on Youtube

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by GaDawg, Mar 1, 2009.

1. GaDawg

GaDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    North GA
    I like the way this person has his pop door and how he used posts instead of a ramp.

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    i would use the door aswell but it moves extremely slow [​IMG]

3. chickylou

chickylou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The chicken gets the OSCAR![​IMG]

Hubby and I watched this and really liked the concept, but we couldn't help laughing about the poor chicken trying to squeeze through (makes me feel a whole lot better about the size of my coop pophole).

There is also something ironic about having a metal guillotine type door SLOOOWLY lifting above an outstretched chicken neck. [​IMG]

I have to say, it made us feel just as impatient as the chickens waiting for the door to open, but, hmmm..., if it could be improved upon????

My sons would love to try to figure something like this out. I'll have to put them onto this as a homeschool project.

Our favorite so far is Nifty-Chicken's invention with his daughter explaining about racoons. My kids still imitate her cute little, "..and they don't do it!" (speaking of the racoons who can't get in).

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Our door moves that slowly, too, but the chickens don't force their way out. They just wait for it to open. It's good for it to move slowly, so the chickens don't get scared or injured, when it's closing at night.

Were there more chickens in the coop that didn't come out? I wonder if that door was just installed and the chickens weren't used to it, yet. Maybe I just have more patient chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by