pop out door ideas needed

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by birdy_num_nums, Jul 17, 2008.

1. birdy_num_nums

birdy_num_nums Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2008
    We are really getting there with the coop! Almost done! I cannot wait to get the chooks in there and then post our saga and lots of pictures!

I have a pop out door and I am going to have an inner door with a latch that we'll lock with a carabiner every night. That will be our main predator protection for the pop out hole. I also want to add another level of protection in the form of a second, exterior door. I think we'll also lock this one with a carabiner. I want the outer door to serve double-duty as a ramp when it is open. Do any of you kind people have pictures you could post as to how you have your pop out set up?

2. C & A s Dad

C & A s Dad Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2008
    Not exactly what you are talking about , but this is what I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MsBentleyboy

MsBentleyboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Kentucky girl
    NICE C & A. I love your idea. I just fold my door back up and it gets tricky at times because the chickens bring out a lot of straw from the inside and it gets caught in the cracks. Your idea would have been better if I did it that way. I may have to change mine in another year or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by