Popcorn Toppings

eggzettera

Songster
12 Years
Mar 9, 2007
Eggzile and / or Utah
I really do not eat alot of popcorn, but last night had a definite craving. Don't think it was the popcorn itself that I wanted but my favorite topping......Brewer's Yeast. Don't go yuck till you try it I used to like butter & ALOT of salt but the brewer's yeast really does satisfy my salt craving & is so much better....no salt & no butter and yum!

What about you, anyone else have unusual taste when it comes to popcorn?

OMG!!! I thought I was the only one who liked brewers yeast on popcorn..... my dear hubby thinks I'm mental, LOL. It tastes so yummu and goooooood:lol:

I've heard of that! Where do you get brewers yeast? Health food store? What else is it used for? Ive given up the butter...now I usually spray with cooking spray (butter flavor) and sprinkle cayenne...I like it, but don't like to spray my popcorn, somehow that must be bad... :mad:

Tanya

I love brewers yeast on popcorn. I haven't had it in years though. I never remember to buy it.
tongue.png

Brewers yeast, you say?

We get free popcorn once a week at work, on account of people kept setting off the fire alarms burning their popcorn in the microwave. It was cheaper for the company to buy us free popcorn than to pay the fines for the eleventyhundredth time the fire dept. had to come out on a false alarm.

Toppings we've had in the past, that have been a hit:

various sorts of cheese (well, obvious)
chili powder
cheddar garlic
brown sugar
cocoa powder from instant cocoa packets
apple cinnamon (I think it's just those instant cider packets of powder)

I'm planting popcorn in the garden this year, hopefully I'll get enough to try out all sorts of toppings.

When I was pregnant with my youngest I couldnt have sweets and had to watch carbs but i could have popcorn. I satisfied my sweet tooth by adding butter flavor spray, then cinnamon and splenda and raisins.

Back
Top Bottom