POPCORN????

i think it would be a treat i dont know but my chickens love it esisally charemal
wink.png

I've always read and heard that popcorn is fine for chickens or ducks.... as long as it is in moderation. You don't want to give them too much, just like cracked corn. If you have a hot air popcorn popper, it will make the healthiest popcorn for them.

I like to give popcorn for a treat. It's the only thing I've found that I can break into enough pieces fast enough to prevent mayhem!

trish

I was feeding Freebie's chickens some cut up watermelon from her garden and all I could find was one of those re-usable popcorn buckets from the movie theatre to put the watermelon in. The birds liked the melon but when I emptied the bucket of a few kernels left over havoc broke out! They could of care less for the melon, but were running and trying to hog that popcorn. I promised them the next time I came out I would pop them some popcorn.

Sounds like I'm not the only one with spoiled chickens.
pop.gif

Everytime I open the back door, the chickens come a running to see what I have for them. I've only had them 2 weeks now. I just give them a hand full of grass and weeds or a little yogurt because they were on antibiotics for a little while. You would think I'm always giving them junk they way they act
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom