1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Portable Chicken Run?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by littlepeepers, Apr 25, 2010.

1. littlepeepers

littlepeepers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    I am thinking about building a portable chicken run but I was curious if anyone had any recommendations or advice about them. Thanks!

2. littlepeepers

littlepeepers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    We were at Home Depot and they have these dog runs. They are chain link, have a door, and the dimensions are 10 feet long, 6 feet wide, and 6 feet tall. I was maybe thinking about turning that into a chicken run. Is that possible? Has anyone done that?

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I think you could add wheels of some sort to it and move it around. Check out my website under the housing page and scroll down almost to the bottom for the way we put wheels on our tractors. I would think somehow the same concept could be used and improved.

4. nancypo

nancypo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    Here's mine, it's only 10 lbs. can move by myself, and easy to build. More pics on my chicken page...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by