Posible new home.

Shark Akhrrana

Songster
Apr 9, 2010
Chicken Land
May be getting a new place in the near future. I'm excited since it's a house in a rural area. Can't wait to have chickens again.
Been working long hours I just hope I can save enough. (Need to get over my Realtor Phobia first.) :(

I have huge trust issues. If I get the wrong vibe or an inkling that there is something off, my radar goes off!
I went through a realtor when I put an offer on a house. The realtor showed me many houses and I kept telling her my style... old farmhouse/antique style, and she wasn't listening but showed me all houses that were way over what I wanted to pay for a house even though we had the cost conversation. My offer was too low for the seller... which was a good thing because it wasn't my style but with lots of remodeling I would've been able to make it an antique looking house... a week later I found my house by myself without the realtor... an old farmhouse about to go on the market and less than what I wanted to pay, the house was mine a month later. Everything was meant to be!
Before you look into that area, you may want to check rules about chickens, if you are in a rural subdivision, chickens can be allowed but if they are noisy, you will be report and told to get rid of the chickens.
I hope you all the best! And you will find the right house!!

Thank you for the advice. I will have a look.
I saw friends go homeless in 2005 ( I think that was the right year.) My mom almost sold her house during that time. I'm just scared of doing it wrong.

Yes, you are right about realtors! Sometimes they only want to show you their listings. My DH and I love the SW and we would ask realtors from AZ to show us pictures of houses in SW style, stucco, terracotta floors, pool, bougainvillea, and it is so hard to find anything like that there, unless everyone likes that and they don't have anything... Terracotta floors there are considered passe, every one wants that dark wood floor look, and so many houses there are just regular ramblers. :( we like themes. We currently live in the woods in a log house and it fits the environment.

Back
Top Bottom