Pics
This is a video of my khaki Campbell ducks, (5 months old). The girl caught a frog and the boy wants her to share but she doesn't so they have a chase in the garden. I missed the first bit of the chase, but here is what I managed to film.
Yep. All's fair in love, bugs, worms and FROGS!šŸ¤£

413D3F7D-310B-47FB-AEFA-BD25C2D47BE6.jpeg
45944E9C-88B8-4D18-A75A-9E9D0223E72D.jpeg
24BB8938-EDFF-46C1-A262-2B284B9E4D99.jpeg
39D9715D-C1E7-40F7-9732-AE0732C58F51.jpeg

She looks so much like my bottle baby :love
Really? that's neat! so the story about rescuing her, we trapped a cat that we thought was a bob cat but it turned out it was just a normal feral cat, but she gave birth while she was in the cage and we let her go to see if she would carry off the baby with her but she was to scared and left with out it, the baby's tail was broken from mom running over her in the cage, so we brought her to the vet to see if she would take a bottle and she did! so now she's really fat and happy! we named her Kit cat after the candy bar.

Save the frog! (Unless it is a bullfrog.)
The ducks spill food into the water when they rinse their beaks, and the frogs eat it, and the ducks poo in the water (which grows plants the frogs love to use as cover). Before getting the ducks I used to go to great lengths to protect the frogs in the pond, but the population is just as solid now with the ducks. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Silly human that I am... I thought I had more of a role in my little ecosystem... Turns out duck poo replaced me.

Back
Top Bottom