possible broken leg

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Peacock found the only hole ( size of a cell phone) in the coop covers the nest box and it fell threw got stuck I walked in as it happened so I walked up to it it freaked out but I managed to lift it out carefully, and it walks on the leg but does limp an when it stands it just lifts his led up, I don't think it broke were it got its foot stuck, but maybe up in the hip socket or just pulled a muscle, idk should I let it be, can it heal on its own, I have seen way worse ducks get bitten almost in half survive so I nigt be over reactig but, I guess my question is if it was broke would it put any pessure at all on his foot? And if it did break or fracture up were his leg meets the body can there be anythig done?

I honestly don't know & I hope some of the more experienced people will chime in, because that's a situation that could happen to any of us --- if it were my bird, as long as it's getting around OK & eating good, I would leave it alone. I have no idea if you splint it some way & probably it would pick the splint off if you did.
Seems like if it were broken, it could not put any weight on it at all. So maybe it's just a bad sprain.

Ok he is walking on it fine, limping but eating and getting around, but it sure swelled up his leg

Back
Top Bottom