Possible Brooder

One more thing I noticed.You may want to put your waterier and feeder on a 2"x4" pce of lumber so that the shavings doesn't into them.Baby chicks will scratch a lot and they have a tendency to fill these containers with the chips.You may have to raise it up as they get bigger.The waterier has a way of getting filled with shavings but this does help.

Red colored lights can be good for sleep cycles, but they are often way too hot for a small brooder located in a warm house unless you can find one that is less than 150 watts...that's why I suggest using a thermometer to test the temps. Most folks keep chicks way too warm and it can cause illness.

i know what them red light houses are for !! my mama always told me to stay away from them too.
lau.gif
how about bug lights? they have a nice warm glow.

Take way more that that.Lifes to short to let things like that get my bowes (not sure of spelling) in an up roar.Happy New Year

Take way more that that.Lifes to short to let things like that get my bowes (not sure of spelling) in an up roar.Happy New Year
(synonym) a word you first thought of and cant spell so you substitute a like word. lol bowels, gut, intestines, I on the other hand, have my mommy to spell for me. lol happy new year

Back
Top Bottom